I have to admit – I have a love/hate relationship with Gilt Groupe. I love everything I see – but hate not having the means to purchase too much on here. Shopping with Gilt feels like window shopping on Rodeo – so cool to see the beautiful things – but all you can afford is a key chain – maybe.
I may be exaggerating a wee bit. I have scored some great baby clothes and jackets on here. Plus they had a killer deal on a Nuxe dry oil gift set that beat all of the prices for just a bottle of the dry oil. However, at other times I will see something by say KidKraft or Seychelles and have been able to find those items for less elsewhere.
- Great discounts on high-end designers – i.e. J. Mendel, Valentino, Missoni, Burberry, Marchesa, etc
- Flat rate shipping starting at $5.95. Many times they offer shipping specials on certain brands
- Shopping for Women, Men, Children, Furniture, Food and Travel
- $25 credit referral. You receive the credit when the person you referred makes their first purchase
- Great way to window shop and see what is on trend.
- Great deals on high-end beauty products!
- Exchanges accepted on most apparel
- Wait list if item is sold out
- Excellent customer service
- Surcharges on some food items and most furniture (natch)
- High prices – but to be fair – the discount is huge for the rich 😉
- No returns on non-size items – i.e. handbags, toys, ties, etc
Overall, Gilt is a great site when you can afford to shop there. Definitely geared towards those with extra dinero to blow. A shopper with middle-income can still find some great deals – but not as much.
If you are not a member of Gilt and decide to join based on my post please click here to use my referral link.
Please note that I have not accepted free items, been compensated or asked to write any reviews.
Oh, and if something like that did happen I would note that information in the post.