I have been signed up with Zulily for over two years now. Have to say it is my go to site for great deals.
And NO – it is NOT just kid stuff. I got some great deals on clothes for myself – including brands that are carried by Anthropologie. Plus they offer housewares and home decor that you only find in high-end department stores or boutique stores.
That said, they do have some items that are – well, let’s just say – lower end. So, when in doubt it pays to look up reviews for the item you are interested. Nine times out of ten their price will be much less than what you will find elsewhere. I found a pan I was interested on another site – on clearance. That was the only time Zulily was beat out on price.
- Prices are great! They run the gamut for super cheap to higher end items at obtainable prices. Such as furniture or cookware.
- Their customer service is phenomenal! Very quick to respond and they go above and beyond to make you happy when you are displeased.
- They get some great brands – i.e. Patagonia, Life Is Good, Cuisinart, Melissa & Doug, KidKraft, Hurley, O’Neill, Radio Flyer, Natori, Wacoal, Crocs, Lego, Naturalizer, Kenneth Cole and many more!
- You get credit for referring your family and friends. They offer a few options – email, link or social media – that allow you to get others signed up. For each person that signs up and places an order you get $20. Not too shabby.
- Monday through Thursday make a purchase and you have free shipping on all orders for the rest of the day until midnight
- Friday through Sunday make one purchase and you get free shipping all weekend until Sunday at midnight. I usually order just after midnight Thursday/Friday then enjoy this perk throughout the weekend.
- They give smaller companies a chance to get their product noticed. A good example of this are TOMS and The Honest Company. You get to purchase their products at a discount – and they get more business and recognition.
- They offer clothing in Plus Sizes often!
- Sometimes they offer items for men too.
- They offer green brands such as Synergy, Full Circle, Core Bamboo and MANY more!
- Shipments are packaged very well!
- You can Google and find coupon codes for larger orders.
- Shipping can get expensive. It starts at $5.95 and goes up from there! I recommend purchasing one small item to get the minimum shipping amount – and that will activate the free shipping for the rest of the day. Then purchase the rest of your items using free ship.
- It takes FOREVER to get your items! About 14 to 16 business days on average. This is the price you pay for the killer discount. If you need a gift for that month – go elsewhere because you may not get it in time.
- No returns. If the item is defective or if there is a problem they are pretty great about getting you credit for your purchase + an additional small credit for any inconvenience. However, if you don’t like the fit – or didn’t read the description and hate the item you are SOL.
- If they don’t list a brand name and it is super cheap – you will get what you pay for – super cheap quality. It pays to be a label lover here!
- No special offers (i.e. coupon codes) for members.
Overall – I find the pros outweigh the cons. Zulily may be slow with shipping/delivery – but they strive to offer Nordstrom level customer service.
If you are not a member of Zulily and decide to join based on my post please click here to use my referral link.
Please note that I have not accepted free items, been compensated or asked to write any reviews.
Oh, and if something like that did happen I would note that information in the post.